Starchive Copyright Policy:
At Starchive, we hold a strong commitment to respecting copyright laws and protecting the intellectual property rights of others. We understand the importance of creators’ and copyright holders’ rights and value their contributions. In line with this commitment, we have established a policy regarding copyright infringement that outlines our procedures for addressing potential infringements on our system.
Respect for Copyright:
We acknowledge and respect copyright laws and the rights of content creators and copyright holders. We encourage all users of our system to do the same by adhering to copyright laws and obtaining proper permissions when sharing copyrighted material.
Reporting Copyright Infringement under the DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement:
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, and specifically in accordance with 17 USC § 512(c)(3), if you believe that someone has publicly posted copyrighted material without appropriate permission on our system, we encourage you to notify us promptly. Please email us with the following information at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your contact information (name, address, phone number, and email).
- A description of the copyrighted work in question and the specific location (URL) where it is posted via Starchive.
- Sufficient evidence to establish your ownership of the copyrighted material or your authorization to act on behalf of the copyright holder.
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the information provided is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Review and Removal:
Upon receiving a valid copyright infringement complaint, we will review the information provided expeditiously. If we determine that there is a reasonable basis to believe copyright infringement has occurred, we will take appropriate action, which may include removing or disabling access to the allegedly infringing material from public view on our system.
Notification to the User:
If we remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material, we will make reasonable efforts to notify the user who posted the content about the copyright infringement claim and the action taken. We will also provide them with information on how they can contest the removal or seek a resolution.
DMCA Counter-Notification of Alleged Infringement:
If a user believes their content was removed or disabled in error or due to a misidentification, they have the right to submit a counter-notification. The counter-notification should be sent to email@example.com and must include:
- The user’s contact information (name, address, phone number, and email).
- Identification of the material that was removed or disabled and its location on our system before removal.
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the user believes in good faith that the material was removed or disabled as a result of an error or misidentification.
- Consent to the jurisdiction of the courts in the applicable jurisdiction.
- The user’s physical or electronic signature.
We will also take appropriate action against users who are determined to be repeat infringers. This may include termination of their access to our system.
By implementing this Copyright Infringement Policy, we aim to create a respectful and legally compliant environment for all users. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us maintain the integrity of intellectual property rights.
All correspondence should be addressed to
Digital ReLab LLC / DBA Starchive
240 W Main St, Suite #100-245
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902