• THE STARCHIVIST BLOG — Navigating the Digital Content Universe
What’s next for digital content in 2019?
If you’re on the front lines of marketing, you know how frequently we face that frustrating search for the exact image, presentation, or video we need. When we lose 1 out of 5 days just searching for the right files, an opportunity to get back in control of our digital content and bottom lines is top of mind.
As we get ready to launch a new and affordable version of our Starchive platform, we are looking to stay on top of digital content trends in our product development. Here’s a peek into what we see as the most important considerations for digital content management in 2019. Head on over to Marketing Land for the full story.
- Content marketing moves beyond marketing for easier access
- Growing video content leads to more metadata and automation
- Privacy and security grow more important along with cloud storage
- Old content becomes new again
- Analytics become more important
- Content is optimized for new uses
- AI helps add context to enhance content
- Move to the cloud accelerates
- New high-value uses of digital content emerge
- Predictive asset management will improve bottom and top lines
How are you leveling up your content strategy in the New Year? Let us know in the comments below.
You’re an artist and your gigs have been canceled. You’re a manager scrambling to support your artists during this unprecedented time. You’re a content creator stuck at home staring at your stacks of hard drives and thinking about what to do next. What can you be doing to set yourself up for success right now?
If you’re looking to move your media into the cloud, you might be wondering how long you’re going to have to babysit your upload. Three minutes? Three hours? Three years? To help you get a sense of how long it will take, here are five things you need to know about upload.
Why does it take so long to upload to the cloud? Upload is more than just sending information from one place to another, and there are numerous factors that play into upload time. Here’s a handy overview of what goes into an upload to help you estimate how long it might take to move your media into the cloud.
Our media collections are only getting bigger, not smaller. So the longer we wait to get the mess managed, the more time, effort, and money it’s going to take to get the mess managed. And if you’re running a business, that can have a huge impact.